Table of Contents
Fixing A Bad Hair Transplant
Our doctors have performed a number of hair restoration surgeries with the intention to correct the outcome from poor quality hair transplant surgeries. When restoring a poorly performed previous hair transplant, a lot of unique issues and problems have to be resolved as the procedure varies from performing a hair restoration on a fresh scalp.
Hair transplant repairs need a lot of experience as well as creativity on the surgeon.
Are you a victim of a bad hair transplant? No worries, our team is here to help.
What qualities do hair transplant repairs require in the service provider or the surgeon?
- A careful and detailed assessment of the impacted area of the scalp that needs to be repaired as well as an examination of the donor area.
- Choice of the restoration technique that will suit the candidate to bring out best results, as the incorrect selection of hair restoration methods may make the outcome worse than before.
- Hair transplant repairs need a lot of experience as well as creativity on the surgeon, as the procedure is significantly different from performing a routine hair restoration.
- The entire task is a challenging one and the problems need to be tackled efficiently and simultaneously.
- Awareness of the limitations of the previous procedure’s cosmetic defects
- The ability to study the flaws of the previous hair restoration surgeries and set a clear goal for the repair procedure to achieve the best possible and natural results.
- Fully understand the emotional state of the patient with the need for hair restoration repair; The patient is likely to be sceptical about the new restoration procedure and may have several questions or doubts prior to the procedure. It may be a difficult task for the provider to establish trust and restore confidence and reassure the patient that the procedure will be a corrective one.
Here is a plug repair case that was handled by Dr.Jones at the Toronto Hair Transplant Centre. The pictures presented below were taken before the procedure and 2 years post-op. Dr.Jones used 2700 grafts for the plug repair procedure. Our doctors use effective techniques to fix issues with hair plugs and have helped several patients who have experienced undesirable consequences from hair plugs and has treated the patient’s hair to look denser and even. Have questions? Contact us today to see how our doctors can help restore your hairline!