Hair loss is not a new problem. Men and women all around the globe face hair loss at some point in their lives. Although pattern baldness is more common in men, sometimes women can also have it. They may not go completely bald, but they experience a lot of hair loss. Whatever be the case, hair loss can shatter anyone’s confidence. Fortunately, hair loss is not a non-treatable problem. We can prevent hair loss entirely or at least slow it down significantly. Nowadays, FUE hair transplant surgery Dubai is one of the most common hair loss solutions. It has gained popularity due to the exceptional results it provides while being minimally invasive.
In this article, we have shared some essential details about the FUE hair transplant. Before finalizing a treatment, we should know everything necessary about it. Otherwise, we won’t be able to make a well-informed decision.
So, let’s learn about the FUE hair transplantation technique.
Table of Contents
3 Things About FUE Hair Transplant Surgery
We have shared information about the FUE hair transplant that anyone trying to find a permanent hair loss solution must know. Proper research is essential before undergoing any cosmetic procedure. Hair transplants are a big decision, so don’t jump to conclusions before thoroughly researching every detail.
How is the procedure performed?
Although there are 2 techniques for performing a hair transplant, FUE hair transplant surgery is preferred by patients and surgeons alike.
During the procedure, the surgeon removes healthy hair follicles from the donor site. Usually, the donor site is the backside of the scalp.
The surgeon uses a medical tool to extract healthy hair follicles one by one. The harvested hair follicles are then kept aside while the surgeon prepares to transplant them. Each hair follicle is transplanted individually to the bald spots or thinning hair regions.
The FUE hair transplant procedure is minimally invasive as compared to the FUT technique. Moreover, local anesthesia is also used while extracting and implanting hair. The entire procedure takes about 8-9 hours to complete. With the help of anesthesia, patients don’t feel any pain during the procedure. However, mild discomfort after the surgery is normal.
While there is no linear scarring like FUT, there is still some scarring. Instead of a long and linear scar at the scalp’s back, the FUE technique leaves tiny scars all over the scalp. These scars are caused by the micro-incisions made for transplanting the follicles.
Patients must carefully choose a surgeon or a facility offering FUE hair transplant surgery Dubai. One of the significant factors influencing the success of a hair transplant is the surgeon’s expertise. So, find the one who is well-reputed and knows what he/she is doing.
Ask around and research online about the best hair transplant surgeons nearby before making any decisions.
What are the pros of the FUE hair transplant?
FUE hair transplant technique has several advantages over other techniques, especially FUT. Some advantages are given below:
- There is no visible scarring as a result of the FUE hair transplant.
- It is a short procedure that quickly completes within 8-9 hours.
- The recovery period is relatively short, i.e., 1 week, compared to other methods.
- After the transplant, the transplanted hair looks natural and denser.
- It can be performed under local anesthesia instead of general anesthesia.
- Within a few days, multiple sessions can be arranged.
- It doesn’t require a team of 10 to perform an FUE hair transplant. Only a surgeon and 1-2 assistants can efficiently perform the procedure.
These are just some of the benefits of the FUE technique. Several other methods are also used for hair transplants.
What are the cons of the FUE hair transplant?
No cosmetic procedure is without side-effects, risks, and complications. Although the FUE hair transplantation technique is FDA-approved, which means it is a safe procedure. However, still, risks are associated with the procedure. Some of the complications are mentioned below:
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia, so there won’t be any pain during the treatment. However, patients may experience mild discomfort after the treatment. It usually goes away on its own, but the doctor also prescribes some painkillers if the condition persists.
- The FUE hair transplant surgery Dubai is not a cheap treatment. Most clinics charge per graft, and the cost can reach up to $10000-$12000.
- It is a time-consuming procedure as each hair follicle is extracted individually.
- In some cases, more than 1000 follicles are transplanted. In order to do that, the patient’s head is shaved.
- After the procedure, the patient’s skull may become numb and lose sensation.
- Some patients also experience itching, swelling, inflammation, or infection of the hair follicles (known as folliculitis).
- In severe cases, bleeding may not stop, and shock loss of transplanted hair may occur.
These are some of the risks and complications associated with FUE hair transplant surgery. Most of the complications are temporary and subside on their own. However, in some cases, a doctor’s help may be required. So, if a side-effect seems to last longer than usual, consult your doctor immediately.
FUE Hair Transplant Surgery Dubai
Do you want to get a hair transplant? Consider FUE hair transplant surgery. It is the best solution for all your hair loss problems. With practically zero severe side-effects, the FUE hair transplant technique is becoming popular day by day. Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic offers the perfect FUE hair transplant at extremely reasonable rates. Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION SESSION with one of our board-certified hair transplant surgeons by filling out the form below.