Our hair has to endure a lot. This includes everything from pollution to heat styling. So, in that case, some TLC is mandatory if we want to save ourselves from hair loss. Hair loss can be caused by several reasons including frequent washing, shampoo chemicals, blow-drying, straightening, etc. The best type of hair care is natural hair care. Natural ingredients pose a minimal threat to our hair. Below we have shared some tips and facts about hair care for different hair types.
But, first, we need to understand what natural hair care means.
Men’s Rogaine 5% Pure Minoxidil Foam for Hair Loss and Hair Regrowth
Hair loss can destroy your confidence. Learn more about this revolutionary treatment for thinning hair.
Natural Hair Care
By natural hair care, we mean using hair care products that are made with natural ingredients. The natural ingredients are usually extracted from plants and other natural resources. So, unlike the harsh chemical alternatives used in hair care products, natural ingredients don’t damage our hair.
Some beneficial natural ingredients for hair care are:
- Coconut Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cocoa Butter
- Argan Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
These ingredients are commonly used in natural hair care products, like hair oils and shampoos.
Natural Hair Care for Different Hair Types
For every type of hair, there are tried and tested natural remedies that can be used. Although human hair can stay radiant and endure harsh treatment for a long time, some TLC is well-deserved. Otherwise, we may need a hair transplant sooner than anticipated.
Below we have shared some amazing hair care tips that are all-natural.
Maintain the Natural Luster
Lustrous hair can elevate a woman’s beauty. The rich hair glow is desired by all but sadly, we’re the ones to damage it.
Heat and harsh chemicals are the worst enemies of our hair. When we heat style our hair regularly, the moisture gets dried. As a result, our hair becomes dry and dull. In some cases, excessive hair loss is also caused by chemicals used in hair styling products.
If you regularly straighten hair, it can damage hair follicles leading to hair thinning, bald spots, and hair loss. So, try some natural remedies for hair straightening.
You can have naturally straight hair by using any of the following natural ingredients:
- Coconut Milk with Lemon Juice
- Hot Oil Treatment
- Milk Spray
- Eggs and Olive Oil
- Milk and Honey
- Rice Flour and Egg Mask
- Banana and Papaya Mask
- Aloe Vera
- Banana, Curd, and Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Avoid Heat Damage
Healthy hair is a blessing. However, to maintain hair health, proper care is needed.
The worst enemy of hair health is heat styling. Our hair experiences most damage due to blow-drying. To avoid hair loss due to heat damage, ditch the blow dryer. Try to air-dry your hair most of the time. However, if you’re running short on time and blow-drying is absolutely necessary, don’t do t without a heat protectant. Heat protectants are a great way of avoiding heat damage as they can protect the hair against excessive heat exposure.
Some other practices to avoid heat damage include:
- Use the heat styling irons only on dry hair
- Apply a heat protectant on hair before using any heat styler
- Use a comb to evenly spread the heat protectant in hair
- Don’t use metal combs during heat styling
Get an Organic Shampoo
The harsh chemicals present in our shampoos can damage our hair. They weaken the hair and damage their roots. Moreover, some scalp problems are also linked to the harsh chemicals present in shampoos.
The best solution to avoid hair problems due to harsh shampoos is to switch to organic shampoos. There are many options available in the market for organic shampoos. Look for something that is sulfate, paraben, and BPA-free. After the initial adjustment phase, your hair will show impressive development. Organic shampoos provide more moisture, shine, and softness, which is exactly what we’re looking for.
Fun Facts about Hair
We may think we know everything about our hair and hair care needs, but there are a lot of fun facts about hair.
Below we have shared some fun facts about hair, hair loss, and hair transplant.
- Human hair is mainly composed of Keratin which is the same protein found in our skin and fingernails.
- Warm climates have a positive impact on hair growth as compared to colder ones.
- We can stretch a wet hair strand, up to 30% of its original length.
- The hair that is visible to the naked eye is dead. The only hair that is alive is inside our scalp.
- Among all hair colors, black is the most common color while red is the least common of all.
- A tiny strand of hair contains all our information. Forensic scientists can easily find out what we ate or drank in the past. Moreover, they can know the type of environment that we lived in. This is why hair, among other things, is considered an important aspect of forensic investigation in trials.
- One hair strand can support up to 100 gms of weight. If we do some calculations it turns out that an average human head full of hair can support nearly 2 elephants.
- The fastest-growing tissue in the human body is the bone marrow while hair is the second-fastest.
- Heat and water can alter the shape of our hair. The reason is that they can change our hair’s hydrogen bonds. Due to this, when we take a shower our hair becomes flat. However, in humid atmospheres, hair can get frizzy or puffy due to the presence of water in the air.
- Haircuts have nothing to do with quickening the hair regrowth process. However, split ends can affect our hair growth which means it’s better to cut them off.
Hair loss with age is natural and inevitable. However, it can be delayed with the help of natural remedies and organic alternatives. Otherwise, we can always get a hair transplant if nothing else seems to work. Many clinics all around the world offer hair transplants. They can be complete game-changers for those suffering from hair loss or bald spots.