One of the oldest problems faced by humankind is hair loss. It has been around for centuries, and science has continued to find a solution for rooting out this problem. In the past, people used home remedies to counter excessive hair fall. Later, medications were developed for getting rid of hair loss. However, the real breakthrough was made in the 1950s with the invention of hair transplants. Treating hair loss has not been the same ever since. FUT hair transplant surgery in Dubai is one of the oldest techniques used for hair restoration. Even though several new hair transplant techniques have been developed, FUT Dubai remains a popular choice. One of the main reasons for its popularity is extracting a higher number of grafts than any other technique.
In this article, we have shared the most important details about the FUT hair transplant. Getting a hair transplant is not a small decision, so it’s better to do thorough research.
Keep reading to find out more about FUT hair transplant surgery.
Table of Contents
3 Most Important Things About FUT Hair Transplant
If someone is considering FUT hair transplant, they must gather maximum information about the procedure. As they say, it’s better to be safe than sorry; one must research facts. They should be well-informed about the procedure, pros, and cons of different hair transplant techniques. It will help them in the final decision-making process.
We have shared the three most important things about the FUT hair transplant below. Let’s see what these are.
How is the procedure performed?
In the first phase, overall planning is done. The surgeon will analyze the patient’s scalp and determine the number of available grafts. He/she will create the front hairline and frame the face. This phase is essential for achieving the most natural-looking hairline.
After careful planning, the donor site hairs are trimmed for about 2-3 mm. The donor site hairs are not trimmed more than that because they will hide the incision. Once the hair strands are cut, local anesthetics are injected into the donor site. Local anesthesia will ensure a pain-free experience.
Once the donor site is numbed, the surgeon makes two incisions on the backside of the scalp. Then, the linear strip is detached from the scalp and kept in a chilled saline mixture. After removing the strip, the incisions are closed with the help of sutures.
When the surgeon is done with this procedure, the transplant team starts the follicle extraction task. It is a meticulous process that requires careful precision. However, with FUT hair transplant surgery in Dubai, about 98% of hair follicles survive. As a result, the success rate of this technique is significantly increased.
In the next and final step of FUT Dubai, the recipient area is prepared, and hair grafts are transplanted. For this purpose, tiny incisions are made on the hair thinning or bald spots. It is crucial to make incisions in the direction of the natural hair growth for natural-looking results. The harvested hair follicles are then transplanted into the tiny incisions.
What are the pros of the FUT hair transplant?
FUT hair transplant technique has several advantages over other methods. Some benefits are given below:
- Compared to other hair transplant techniques, FUT Dubai yields more hair grafts (i.e., up to 4000 follicles).
- The quality of hair grafts is better than any other technique.
- Hair follicles have a better survival rate in FUT.
- If more than one session is required, there will be no additional scars. The new scars will be incorporated within the old scar.
- FUT doesn’t require shaving the head entirely.
- The procedure takes less time to complete than other techniques.
- The cost of FUT hair transplant surgery in Dubai is less than other techniques.
These were only some of the benefits of FUT hair transplant. Although this technique requires careful precision, it yields better results than any other hair transplant technique.
What are the cons of the FUT hair transplant?
Since all cosmetic procedures have potential side-effects, so does FUT Dubai. The FUT hair transplant surgery is FDA-approved, which makes it a safe method. However, some complications still arise in some cases.
The most commonly occurring complications in a FUT hair transplant are:
- One of the most significant disadvantages of FUT is visible scarring. At the donor site on the scalp’s backside, a long, linear scar is left after the transplant. Although it can be hidden under long hair, it cannot be hidden well with short haircuts.
- Swelling is a common side-effect of FUT hair transplant. In most cases, the swelling subsides within a day or two, but it can last longer.
- While bleeding during the transplant is inevitable, sometimes it occurs post-op, as well.
- During the transplant, the patient is given local anesthesia to make the procedure pain-free. Once the effects of anesthesia wear off, the patient will feel pain on the incision site. In some cases, they may feel pain in the entire head.
- Some patients feel a numbing sensation in their scalp or lose all sensations in the scalp, at least for a while.
- Some other risks associated with FUT Dubai are itching, infection (folliculitis), patchy appearance, hiccups, and cysts.
Most of the complications associated with FUT hair transplant not permanent. However, some complications can last longer than anticipated or turn into something serious. In such cases, a doctor’s care may be required. Patients must consult their hair transplant surgeon if something seems abnormal to avoid any severe complications.
FUT Hair Transplant Surgery in Dubai
FUT hair transplant surgery in Dubai is the best solution for all your hair loss problems. It is an FDA-approved hair restoration procedure with no severe side-effects. Although FUT Dubai leaves a visible scar on the donor site, it can be hidden under the hair. So, if you want to undergo a FUT hair transplant, consider Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic. We offer the perfect FUT hair transplant in Dubai at extremely reasonable rates. Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION SESSION with one of our board-certified hair transplant surgeons by filling out the form below.